Level of Effort: Super Easy
Cost of Ingredients: $1.42
Nutrition Information: 372 calories, 7.0 g fat, 10.2 g protein, 1.8 g fiber, 67.9 g carbs
Call this recipe cereal without milk, yogurt on steroids or a fruit smoothie waiting to happen.
I see it as a salad. Sliced fresh fruit served over a bed of yogurt with an orange and honey dressing.
Of course no salad is complete without crunchy croutons scattered on top!
And this salad has the best croutons ever! Captain Crunch cereal!!!
Now I can’t take full credit for using the captain’s cereal as croutons. This tweet by @EmilyGundi from Grand Valley State University sparked the idea.
As the captain says on the box, it makes this Yogurt Fruit Salad “CRUNCHARIFIC”!
Yogurt Fruit Salad with Captain Crunch Croutons
Sliced fruit on a bed of strawberry yogurt topped with Captain Crunch cereal.
MAKES: 1 Yogurt Fruit Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: none
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt [$0.80]
- 1 tbsp orange juice [$0.14]
- 1/2 tbsp liquid honey [$0.06]
- 1/2 banana sliced [$0.12]
- 3 large strawberries sliced [$0.21]
- 1/4 cup Captain Crunch cereal [$0.09]
HOW TO MAKE
- Pour (or spoon) yogurt into a bowl.
- Add orange juice and honey. Stir to combine.
- Top with banana slices and strawberries.
- Scatter cereal on top.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!