Level of Effort: Easy
Cost of Ingredients: $1.81
Nutrition Info (1/3 bag): 309 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g protein, 2.3 g fiber, 56.3 g carbs
If this cafe was situated on a campus I’d host a Halloween bash. And yes you’d be invited.
I’d be the guy handing out caramels (you know the ones that get stuck in your teeth) dressed as a cellophane wrapped caramel. That’s a scary vision right there.
You’d also find jack o lantern buckets filled with Caramel Candy Popcorn at each table. It’s freakishly good stuff anyone can make!
How to Make
Simply pop a bag of popcorn and then scare up some butter, brown sugar, apple juice and honey.
Place the butter, sugar, juice and honey in a witch’s cauldron (or a small pot) and cook over medium high heat.
Stir until the caramel sauce is thicker than fake Halloween blood…or until it coats a spoon. Takes about 5 minutes. Much easier to make than a diabolical concoction that’ll turn the jerk who borrowed your notes, without even a thank you, into an ugly toad.
The BEST part is when the hot…gooey…caramel sauce is poured over the popcorn. It looks so sinfully good! Stir with a spoon and your Halloween Caramel Candy Popcorn is ready to be devoured!
Evil unpopped kernels, disguised in sweet caramel, may lurk deep within the popcorn. Bite down on one and it can do scary things to your poor unsuspecting teeth.
Have a Happy Halloween!
And who knows maybe one day this cafe will become a place where we can have a real Halloween bash.
For now we can snack on Caramel Candy Popcorn and share scary college cooking stories in the comments. Like the time I painfully picked blades of grass off frozen burgers (they were dropped on a freshly cut lawn) while they fried in the skillet. SCARY!!!
Caramel Candy Popcorn
Popcorn topped with a Sweet Candy-Coated Caramel Topping
MAKES: 1 Big Bowl of Popcorn
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag (70 g / 2.5 oz) low-fat microwave popcorn or equivalent [$0.78]
- 2 tbsp butter [$0.48]
- 1/2 cup brown sugar [$0.24]
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water [$0.07]
- 2 tbsp honey [$0.24]
HOW TO MAKE
- Pop popcorn as per package directions.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray (or rub inside with butter) and set aside. (This is to keep the caramel from sticking to it).
- Combine butter, brown sugar, apple juice in a small pot.
- Boil and stir mixture over medium-high heat until it slightly thickens, (about 5 minutes).
- Pour popped popcorn in prepared bowl. Drizzle hot caramel mixture over popcorn and stir with a wooden spoon.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!