Level of Effort: Super Easy
Cost of Ingredients: $1.35
Nutrition Info (1/2 bag): 260 calories, 14 g fat, 5.5 g protein, 5.1 g fiber, 25.5 g carbs
Did you know popcorn is the only snack that is a 100% unprocessed whole grain?
Unfortunately about 43% of regular microwave popcorn is fat. That’s bad.
But if you use low-fat microwave popcorn or an air popper to pop your corn, the fat content deflates! Again, that’s good!
Top your popcorn with melted butter, Parmesan cheese and savory dried oregano and the fat content shoots back up. Hmmm, that’s not so good even though the combination of these three toppings makes the popcorn taste AMAZING!
Share with friends and you’re good!
Buttery Parmesan and Oregano Popcorn
Popcorn topped with melted butter, Parmesan cheese and savory dried oregano
MAKES: 1 Big Bowl of Popcorn
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
- 2 tbsp non-salted butter [$0.26]
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese [$0.28]
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano [$0.03]
- 1 bag (70 g / 2.5 oz) low-fat microwave popcorn or equivalent [$0.78]
HOW TO MAKE
- Place butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave until melted, about 25 seconds.
- Stir in cheese and oregano.
- Pop popcorn as per package directions.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl
- Drizzle butter mixture over popcorn and toss to coat.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!