Level of Effort: Super Easy
Cost of Ingredients: $2.44
Nutrition Info per Napoleon: 142 calories, 2.4 g fat, 2.9 g protein, 1.2 g fiber, 28 g carbs
Desserts make us smile and (unfortunately) they turn us into fatties.
Today’s Mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make a quick low-fat summer dessert that treats bellies, butts and taste buds kindly!
I’ve crunched the nutrition numbers on these Caramel Berry Napoleons and it looks like they have what it takes to keep us from expanding the size of our swimsuits this summer.
Eat four and the numbers still look good compared to most desserts.
The second layer (and caramel sauce) adds extra calories but they hardly matter because we get bonus vitamins and antioxidants (whatever they are) from the strawberries and blueberries saddled up on top!
And to be honest, we need that second level of sweetness to officially call these Napoleons.
Your next mission…eat these without making a mess = )!
Caramel Berry Napoleons
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 8 graham cracker biscuits, squares [$0.41]
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt [$1.19]
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries [$0.31]
- 3 large strawberries, sliced [$0.28]
- 4 tbsp store-bought caramel sauce [$0.25]
HOW TO MAKE
- Place four graham cracker squares on a plate.
- Top each with 1 tbsp of yogurt followed by 2 or 3 blueberries and strawberry slice.
- Set remaining graham cracker squares on top of berries.
- Top each with equal amounts of remaining yogurt and berries.
- Drizzle equal amounts of caramel sauce over each Napoleon.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!