Easy-to-make, meatless and mamma approved!
Level of Effort: Easy
Nutrition Info (per roll): 209 calories, 4.7 g fat, 10.4 g protein, 5.8 g fiber, 33 g carbs
Behind the scenes, at this virtual cafe, I’ve been in the kitchen brewing a cup of recipes where each meal can be prepared in 15 minutes or less.
This Cheese and Spinach Lasagna Roll recipe is one I had planned to stir into that cup, but after testing it I found it would be a stretch to pull it together in 15 minutes. It takes closer to 20 minutes at a comfortable pace.
It’s a shame because this recipe is a huge time saver on the back end.
I say that because eating all eight by yourself for dinner isn’t going to happen. And if it does…that’s not healthy. Two is a more realistic amount. That leaves six that can be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the fridge (or freezer).
When I plug those numbers into my grade one math app, it tells me you get three leftover dinners out of the deal. That’s GOLD right there!
And it’s part of the reason why I’m disappointed this recipe won’t make it into the cup. The other part is because they taste super good! The bright side of this story is you get this recipe now!
Frozen chopped broccoli also works well in this recipe if you don’t like spinach. Just squeeze it dry (like you would the spinach) with paper towels before adding it so the rolls won’t be watery.
MAKES: 8 Lasagna Rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 lasagna noodles [$0.89]
- 1 can (7.5 oz / 213 ml) pizza sauce [$0.89]
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese [$1.12]
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach [$1.59]
- 1 cup (packed) shredded mozzarella cheese [$2.47]
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomato sauce [$0.35]
HOW TO MAKE
- Cook lasagna noodles as per package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile thaw spinach in microwave as per package directions. Drain and squeeze dry with paper towels.
- Spread 1½ tbsp of pizza sauce over one side of each cooked lasagna noodle.
- Evenly sprinkle ½ tbsp of grated Parmesan over sauce.
- Top each with equal amounts of thawed spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up each lasagna noodle, loosely.
- To serve, spoon about ¼ cup of tomato sauce over a lasagna roll and microwave until sauce is warm and cheese inside is melted, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle more grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!