Every once in a while I see a recipe and say “yeah sure, I’ve seen that before…what’s so new about it”?
Sometimes there isn’t anything new. But occasionally there is.
And in this case, what’s new is how you make a gourmet looking pasta dish with roasted red peppers in minutes!
Now I can’t take all the credit for how quickly this recipe can be made. The Pillsbury Kid’s Cookbook is the brainchild for most of the short-cuts like cooking the frozen peas with the pasta to save time. Smart people over there at Pillsbury. I’m just happy to pass those types of time savers along to you.
A quick win when you have the urge for a homemade style pasta dish with more flair than poor ole spaghetti drowning in canned tomato sauce.
Alfredo Pasta with Red Peppers and Peas
MAKES: 4 Medium Helpings
Prep Time: 5 to 7 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 20 minutes
- 3 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta [$0.73]
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet peas [$0.35]
- 1 cup low-fat Alfredo sauce (from a jar) [$1.82]
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, chopped [$0.71]
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese [$0.56]
HOW TO MAKE
- Boil water in a large pot. Add pasta. After 10 minutes of cooking add frozen peas to water. Stir and cook for 3 minutes longer. Drain pasta and peas.
- Return pasta and peas to the pot. Stir in Alfredo sauce, chopped peppers and 2 tablespoons of juice from the jarred red peppers (keeps things from getting sticky).
- Stir in cheese and two big pinches of salt and pepper.
- Warm pasta mixture over low-heat until heated through.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!