Chocolate sauce may seem like overkill on this decadent Grilled Nutella, Banana and Marshmallow Sandwich but there is something to be said about warm chocolate sauce dripping all over your fingers when you eat it!
There’s also something to be said about melting nutella, marshmallows, bananas and chocolate into a sweet gooey mess between two pieces of crispy golden brown bread!
Mmm…melted nutella with chocolate…Huh?…What? Sorry got lost in the moment for a second.
I have a feeling this recipe is going to be a very popular one on the College Recipe Cafe menu!
CAUTION: Eat this sandwich and you’ll need to run extra miles to burn off the calories. One yoga class is not going to do it for ya.
Grilled Nutella, Banana and Marshmallow Sandwich
MAKES: 1 Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices whole wheat bread [$0.27]
- 2 tbsp nutella, divided [$0.40]
- 1/2 banana [$0.12]
- 16 mini marshmallows [$0.06]
- 2 tbsp chocolate sauce, divided [$0.20]
- 1 tbsp low-fat margarine [$0.19]
HOW TO MAKE
- Spread 1 tablespoon of nutella over one side of each bread slice.
- Slice banana into 9 equal sized slices.
- Top one slice of bread with mini marshmallows. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce.
- Arrange banana slices on other slice of bread and drizzle with remaining chocolate sauce. Stick the two slices of bread together to form a sandwich.
- Spread margarine over the outside of one bread slice.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place sandwich, margarine side down in skillet. Cook until outside of bread turns golden brown, about 2 minutes (while sandwich is cooking spread margarine over the other bread slice). Flip the sandwich to cook the other side.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!