Level of Effort: Easy
Cost of Ingredients: $1.61
Nutrition Info (1 sandwich): 283 calories, 11.8 g fat, 22.3 g protein, 7 g fiber, 63.9 g carbs
As a student I ate breakfast for dinner more often than I ate the previous night’s dinner for breakfast. When you think about it, preparing breakfast for dinner has some real advantages.
Breakfast is often cheaper than most meals and quick to make. It also provides a good excuse to drizzle delicious syrup on your food!
And, breakfast often includes healthy fruit like berries and peaches which is great for your overall well-being.
Now that I’ve whet your appetite to eat breakfast for dinner, it seems only fair that I add a quick and easy “breakfast-for-dinner” recipe to the menu!
Thanks for stopping by the cafe! Cheers!
Grilled Blueberry and Peach Sandwich
Blueberries, ripe peach slices and low-fat cottage cheese in a grilled sandwich drizzled with syrup.
MAKES: 1 Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices bread [$0.27]
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese [$0.36]
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen blueberries [$0.26]
- 1 fresh or canned peach, sliced [$0.40]
- Butter or margarine (about 1 tbsp) [$0.24]
- Syrup (about 1 tbsp) [$0.08]
HOW TO MAKE
- Spread cottage cheese over one side of one bread slice.
- Top with blueberries followed by peach slices. Butter one side of second bread slice and place butter side up on top of sandwich.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place sandwich butter side down in center of skillet. Cook until bread browns and crisps, about 3 minutes (while sandwich is cooking spread butter on outside of top bread slice).
- Flip to cook the other side for about 1 minute.
- Remove from skillet and drizzle with syrup.