Level of Effort: Easy
Cost of Ingredients: $3.51
Nutrition Info (1 wrap): 261.5 calories, 13.7 g fat, 8.1 g protein, 4 g fiber, 26.3 g carbs
Many B.L.T’s have been made with bread.
These ones aren’t made like that.
There are plenty of B.L.T’s with mayonnaise slathered on the inside.
These ones aren’t like those.
Just about every B.L.T tastes AWESOME!
These taste equally as AWESOME and are surprisingly healthy!
How can a wrap with 13.7 grams of fat be healthy?
Most of the fat is in the form of “heart healthy” fats from the avocado.
The avocado sauce in these B.L.T’s is spiked with Buffalo Wing Sauce?
By the way…did you receive this recipe via email?
Yes? Great! It was a pleasure to serve it to your inbox! I very much appreciate you following the cafe!
Oh, you stumbled upon this recipe another way?
Thanks for visiting! If you like what you’ve found here please consider following the cafe by email!
As for why I’m writing this post this way?
Not sure. Maybe I’ve been watching too many episodes of Community. I feel like I’m communicating like Abed.
Enjoy your B.L.T Wraps!
B.L.T Wraps with Buffalo Avocado Sauce
Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato served on a Whole-Grain Wrap with Buffalo Avocado Sauce!
MAKES: 4 wraps
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes to cook bacon
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 avocado [$0.79]
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream [$0.23]
- 1 tbsp Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce (or use 1 tsp hot sauce) [$0.17]
- 1 tbsp lime juice [$0.15]
- Big pinch each salt and pepper [$0.00]
- 4 whole-grain flour tortillas [$0.44]
- 1 cup shredded lettuce [$0.11]
- 1 tomato diced [$0.34]
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon [$1.28]
HOW TO MAKE
- Remove flesh from avocado (here’s how) and place in a small blender or medium bowl.
- Add sour cream, wing sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth (or mash with a fork if making in a bowl).
- Place tortillas on a plate, cover with damp paper towel and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Spread equal amounts of avocado sauce over each warmed tortilla.
- Top each with equal amounts of lettuce, tomato and bacon.
- Roll up each tortilla.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!