Level of Effort: Easy
Cost of Ingredients: $1.30 for 2 Waffles
Nutrition Info for 2 Waffles: 505 calories, 10.8 g fat, 7.5 g protein, 3.2 g fiber, 98.6 g carbs
Caramelized apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, French vanilla ice cream and maple syrup all on top of toasted waffles.
Hey, no one ever said it had to be complicated to be ridiculously good!
Worried about how to caramelize the apples?
There’s really no reason to have any hesitation. They’re a cinch to cook and even if you somehow mess them up it’s nothing a scoop of ice cream and maple syrup can’t fix. = )
We’re celebrating a long weekend here at the cafe and these waffles are going to fit in nicely as a sweet treat to enjoy on that extra day!!!
Hope you’re enjoying an extra day off in your part of the world and get a chance this weekend to devour these waffles that taste (and smell) so good!
Cheers and thanks for stopping by the cafe!
Waffles with Spiced Caramelized Apples and Ice Cream
A quick and easy dessert or sweet weekend breakfast
MAKES: 2 waffles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and sliced [$0.35]
- 1/2 tbsp butter [$0.06]
- 1 tbsp brown sugar [$0.03]
- 2 big pinches ground cinnamon [$0.00]
- 2 frozen waffles [$0.35]
- 1 scoop French Vanilla ice cream [$0.10]
- 2 tbsp maple syrup [$0.41]
HOW TO MAKE
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- When butter begins to bubble add in apple slices.
- Cook until apples are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Spoon caramelized apples over toasted waffles.
- Top with ice cream and drizzle with maple syrup.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!