Gourmet asparagus served on top of basic instant noodles from a cellophane packet?
This is madness! This is insane! This is absolutely fantastic!
One might think that perhaps this recipe is only for when asparagus is in season.
One would be wrong.
You can freeze fresh asparagus. Here’s how:
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, and have a bowl of ice water ready at the side
- Boil asparagus in the water for 3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and immediately place in the ice water. Drain and pat dry on paper towels, or use a kitchen bar mop (to waste less).
- Lay asparagus on a tray and freeze until frozen solid. Transfer to a freezer bag, and ensure you remove any excess air before sealing. Use within a year.
Ready to bring your noodles to the next level with seasonal gourmet flavors?
I can only hope that I am not alone in my affection for this madness. 🤞
Get In On The Flavor!
10-Minute Fried Ramen with Asparagus
Makes: 1 serving ~ Time: 5 minutes to prepare, 5 minutes to cook
- 1 package (85 g) instant noodles (chicken flavor works well)
- 2 tsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 5 stems asparagus
- Lemon slice
- Crunch up noodles in the package. Open package and pour noodles in a bowl. Place the seasoning packet to the side. Fill a kettle with 2 cups of water. Turn on to bring water to a boil.
- While kettle is heating the water, snap tough bottoms off each asparagus stem with your hands (about an inch from the bottom). Discard the bottoms. Chop each asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- Pour boiling water from kettle into bowl with noodles. Add just enough water to cover noodles. Let sit for 2 minutes then drain.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add cooked noodles and chopped asparagus. Mix and let cook for 2 minutes. Add seasoning from packet and 1 Tbsp of water. Stir to coat noodles and asparagus.
- Drizzle with juice from lemon slice. Enjoy
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Hi I’m Brent. Thanks for visiting the Café! If you want to learn more about what I wish I knew when I started cooking, click right here to join the The Cafe’s Flavor Updates! Served with a Cup of Recipes for you to sample!
One thought on “Fried Ramen with Asparagus: Basic to Gourmet in 10 Minutes”