I’m not the kind of guy who goes over-the-top on Valentine’s Day.
I walk past the over-sized cards, colossal boxes of chocolates and huge heart-shaped balloons and chuckle to myself. The extravagance feels too commercial to me.
My usual V-Day gift to my S.O is a regular-sized card, a box of chocolate covered almonds (her favorite) and flowers. Sometimes the flowers are roses. More often they’re an assortment assembled for me by the friendly ladies at the local flower shop.
But since Valentine’s Day arrives on a Saturday this year I’m thinking of taking it a step further this time. Maybe we’ll stay in, watch a movie, melt chocolate and drizzle it on each other’s…
…POPCORN! It’s about as “over-the-top” as I get on Valentine’s Day ; ).
4 to 5 cups popped popcorn (1 bag of popped microwave popcorn) / $0.78
1/2 cup chocolate chips / $1.13
1/4 tsp sea salt / $0.01
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Add salt.
- Heat in the microwave for 30-seconds and stir. Heat for 30 seconds more in the microwave and stir gently until chocolate chips become completely liquid.
- Evenly spread popped popcorn over baking sheet.
- Using a spoon, evenly drizzle melted chocolate on popcorn. Let sit at room temperature until chocolate has hardened, about 20 minutes.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!