Here at the Cafe, we’re not known for going over-the-top. But in this case we’re making an exception.
Almonds go well with chocolate. So do marshmallows, strawberries and just about everything else…so why not popcorn?
In many cases, we have found this sweet and salty movie snack to be more satisfying than the movie.
Maybe we should go “over-the-top” at the Cafe more often. If you like this recipe, please share!
Thanks for visiting. Cheers!
Get New Cafe Recipes Ubbered To Your Inbox
More Recipes, More Ways To EAT Well – Even On Your Busiest Days. It’s FREE!
4 to 5 cups popped popcorn (1 bag of popped microwave popcorn) / $0.78
1/2 cup chocolate chips / $1.13
1/4 tsp sea salt / $0.01
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Add salt.
- Heat in the microwave for 30-seconds and stir. Heat for 30 seconds more in the microwave and stir gently until chocolate chips become completely liquid.
- Evenly spread popped popcorn over baking sheet.
- Using a spoon, evenly drizzle melted chocolate on popcorn. Let sit at room temperature until chocolate has hardened, about 5 minutes.
3 thoughts on “Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn”
I love this recipe and enjoy your blog so much!! I just started a blog called Dorm Room Dietetics and will def look to your blog for inspiration 🙂
Thank you so much Allison…and all the best with your new blog! I look forward to reading your posts! Cheers!