Overnight oats made with sweet peaches, anti-oxidant rich blueberries and protein-packed almonds to replenish your body’s depleted energy stores when you wake.
If you’re a bit like me, and prefer not to be an early riser to make breakfast, then overnight oats are a godsend.
Prepare the night before, let the oats soften in the fridge overnight, and wake to a healthy breakfast ready and waiting for you to eat!
I like my oats warm, so I pour these Peach-Berry-Almond Oats in a bowl and heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds before I eat them. If there’s time, I add more sweet peaches, colorful blueberries and sliced almonds on top!
But what I love most about making overnight oats is knowing I won’t have to sacrifice breakfast if I happen to grab a few extra minutes of snooze time in the morning.
Let me know if you would like to see more overnight oats recipes in the future? Cheers!
LOOKING FOR MORE Dream RECIPES for when things ramp up in the fall?
- Scan the Cafe’s Recipe Menu
- Watch “Season One” on my YouTube Channel (coming soon!)
- Get recipes delivered every Friday by joining the Cafe’s Free Weekly Updates*.
* Help yourself to a cup of 10 Fast and Easy Recipes when you subscribe. It’s on me!
PEACH-BERRY-ALMOND OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE
Makes: 1 Serving Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 to 30 seconds (if heating in microwave)
Open Printable Recipe
1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup almond milk (milk or water also work…your choice)
1/2 peach, chopped
1 tsp. honey (optional)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Handful of sliced almonds (about 2 Tbsp.)
The night before combine oats, almond milk, chopped peaches, honey, cinnamon, salt and blueberries in a mason jar or bowl. Give it a stir, cover, set in the fridge, and let sit overnight (or for a couple hours).
In the morning either:
- Top with sliced almonds and eat cold.
- Pour oats into a microwave safe bowl, heat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, then top with extra fruit, blueberries and the almonds.
- Grab a spoon and eat them whatever way works best for you!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Brent Garell (hey that’s me!) is the guy behind College Recipe Cafe. He is the author of The Cook-a-Palooza Experience and 15-Minute Money Saving Meals for Students. He teaches cooking classes at local colleges and online at Cooking Pro Jumpstart.