Level of Effort: Easy Cost of Ingredients: $2.43 Nutrition Info (1 open face sandwich): 273 calories, 11.5 g fat, 14.4 g protein, 3.1 g fiber, 28.1 g carbs
Ham likes hooking up with apples. Know what else ham likes? Mustard. Dijon mustard!
Now if you’re open minded, you can engage these ingredients in a three-way on a toasted bun under a blanket of melted Cheddar cheese.
Watching them come together, under the glow of the toaster oven lights, is enticing enough to watch. But just wait until you grab hold of it and get a taste of this gorgeous looking sandwich in your mouth.
The “hot” ham and gooey cheese will absolutely blow your mind!
And the apple-mustard sauce…it tastes so good you’ll want to lick it off the bun!
O.K…what’s happening here? I’m starting to write like an undersexed college freshman trying to pick up at a campus bar.
Must be a sign to…wrap it up (see, I can’t stop now).
Just hope my writing hasn’t…turned you off.
Because this open face sandwich…is sure to leave you feeling EXTRA satisfied!
Alright, I’ll end it there. Enjoy your sandwich!
Hot Ham, Cheese and Apple Mustard Sandwich
An easy to make hot open face ham and cheese sandwich with a delicious apple mustard sauce!
MAKES: 2 Open Face Sandwiches
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 6 minutes Total Time: 11 minutes
- 1 ciabatta roll (any roll will do), sliced in half [$0.50]
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil [$0.05]
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce [$0.27]
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard [$0.06]
- 4 slices thinly sliced deli ham [$1.27]
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese [$0.28]
HOW TO MAKE
- Brush each cut side of roll with 1 tsp oil and place, cut side up, on a toaster oven baking sheet.
- Broil until roll halves begin to brown around the edges, about 3 minutes.
- Mix together apple sauce and mustard in a bowl.
- Spread equal amounts of apple-mustard mixture on each roll half.
- Top each with 2 slices of ham and equal amounts of cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown in spots, about 3 minutes.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!