Hey, I’m all for making instant Ramen straight up when required. But sometimes it’s more fun to toss the seasoning package to make your own flavorful version.
Do you have peanut butter and soy sauce? If so, just add hot water and you have one savory tasting sauce. If you like spicy, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Add chicken, tofu or whatever protein is available in your fridge…
Then, dress it up with some toppings! As you can see, I went with chopped green onions.
That’s more flavor than you’ll find in a seasoning packet…and a lot more interesting to eat too!
Peanut Chicken Ramen
Ramen noodles and chicken in an easy to make peanut sauce
MAKES: Enough for 3
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts [$3.36]
- salt and pepper [$0.00]
- 1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter [$0.40]
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce [$0.10]
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil [$0.05]
- 2 cups water [$0.00]
- 2 (85 g) packets of instant noodles [$0.42]
- 1 green onion chopped [$0.16]
HOW TO MAKE
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine peanut butter and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Add water to the skillet. Bring to a boil and place noodles in water. Cook until noodles are softened, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Ladle one scoop of hot cooking water from skillet and add it to peanut butter and soy sauce mixture. Stir together to make sauce. Drain remaining water from skillet in a cup or bowl (you may want to add more water in the step 7)
- Add cooked chicken and peanut sauce to noodles in skillet.
- Stir to coat noodles. Topped with chopped green onions.
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!