Leftover taco meat is instant “flavor” in a tupperware “container” (hmm…I could definitely use that if I ever decide to write a rap song about it) and as versatile as a girl’s little black skirt or a guy’s favorite tee.
Recycling it in a Tex-Mex Egg Sandwich is hardly the most creative option, but like the little black skirt it arouses interest and is a winner every time!
Tex-Mex Egg McMuffin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs [$0.80]
- 2 tbsp milk [$0.06]
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup leftover ground taco beef [$0.90]
- 1 green onion, chopped [$0.16]
- 1/3 cup Tex-Mex shredded cheese [$0.62]
- 1 English Muffin [$0.39]
HOW TO MAKE
- Crack eggs into a small bowl. Add milk. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk with a fork until combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture. Mix with a spatula to scramble.
- Add taco meat and green onions. Stir for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle on cheese. Cover with lid to melt cheese.
- Toast English muffin.
- Top each toasted English muffin half with equal amounts of egg mixture.
- Garnish with salsa and extra green onions.
Love It? Share It! Thanks!
P.S. Grab this Quick Reference Recipe Guide to find more tasty ways to recycle leftover taco meat. Just one of the free bonuses you get when you subscribe to College Recipe Cafe’s weekly updates. Cheers!
Brent Garell – Brent is the guy behind College Recipe Cafe, and author of The Cook-a-Palooza Experience. He visits local colleges to teach students cooking 101 skills, and is the author of the digital cookbook 15-Minute Money Saving Meals for Students: Cup of Recipes for When You Need Food NOW! Available now on Amazon.
Keep up with the cafe’s latest recipes, tips and cooking techniques each week!