Yum…a recipe for Sloppy Joe’s! Or is it?
Sure my title and pictures are doing their best to push you in the direction to use this recipe for Sloppy Joe’s (they are good). You could just as easily use it as a meat lovers pasta sauce.
Or you could spoon the tasty filling into a large lettuce leaf and wrap it up. Maybe pile it on nachos, melt cheese on top and eat it with a big smile on your face!!!
Five ingredients, so many delicious options!
5 Ingredient Sloppy Joe’s
MAKES: 4 Sandwiches
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef [$5.00]
- 2 tbsp brown sugar [$0.07]
- 1 can (127 ml) chopped green chilies [$1.29]
- 1 can (7.5 oz. / 213 ml) traditional pizza sauce [$1.29]
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce [$0.05]
- 4 hot dog buns) [$0.95]
HOW TO MAKE
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in sugar, green chilies, pizza sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon equal amounts of meat mixture in hot dog buns.
- Top with hot pepper rings
Save your fav recipes, stock up on cooking skills & help yourself to a free cup of recipes. It’s on me! Click anywhere in the box below to get started.
Thanks for stopping in at the cafe. Cheers!